Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just sharing

Sometimes the world just keeps gyrating, the day continues on as any other day, people come, people go, children can’t wait to grow up so grownups can’t tell them what to do, while grownups wish they were children again so they would have less responsibilities.

And with this, some of us find that we have time our on hands, time to think of days ahead or days left behind, maybe we are just thinking of a loved one we miss or a family member we are no longer in touch with, we don’t always realize or understand why we do not have that person in our life, but it never wavers, the constant knowing that person is out there in the world and we cannot touch them, or talk to them or even know what they are up to; makes us sad or mourn the loss of whatever it is we once had with that person, relative, or just a friend.

I was chatting with my sister on the phone the other night; she called to tell me she was missing one of our family members that she has lost contact with, her voice sounded sad, hurt by whatever foolishness has kept it where they are not in contact with each other. Family can tug on your heartstrings in the middle of the night, slowly as November is closing in, winter’s cold air becoming brisk and with it memories can be stirred like the embers on a fire log burning within the a fireplace, it just needs a little nudge to keep the cinders burning. After I spoke to my sister, I started thinking about days goneby , my youth, a war that took place so long ago called Vietnam. I recalled a bracelet I had worn for year, it was a MIA bracelet, a 19 year old boy named Stephen, I always wondered what happen to him, was he killed in action or did he just put down his gun one day and wander off into the jungles of Nam, never to be seen again, never to contact his family, his family never knowing what happen to him, always holding out hope in the back of their mind that Stephen could walk through the door and his family would quietly pick up from where they left off.......... You see, I got all of this just from having a conversation with my sister, who is missing a family member who is not talking to her and I thought to myself, whoa, Family members decide one day they don’t want anything to do with us, no particular reason, they have just put us aside as if we were never a part of their being and move on with their life, to me, that makes that family member a real M.I.A.- missing in action, only not the action of a war, or the missing of a loved one that you have no idea where they are or what could have happened to them, but a family member who is within miles of your home, a family member who could pick of a phone and just start a conversation and move on from there. But that would be too difficult for some, cause it means they would have to change their routine, or it might inconvenient their day to day lifestyle to take the time to say “Hi, I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and hope you are doing okay”, No, these family members would rather live the existence of a M.I.A. leaving you wondering in the middle of the night why they don’t want to be a part of your life, to share family time or even a quiet whisper of conversation late into the night to say, hey........... thinking about you!

No comments:

Odie Forever a Best Freind

Odie Forever a Best Freind
ODIE

A Mother's Pride

A Mother's Pride
My Son, My Hero!

My Words, My Way!

My photo
I am just any person out here in the world, part of this universe, one voice, one person, living!

Heroes!

Heroes!