Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just a Bad Read

It is winter, I don’t mean, just a wintery day or a day in winter, I mean it is damn cold outside. Here I sit in March, with the last 4 months being cold and mean, cabin fever, right? When it is this cold out, there is little to nothing to do. So I take care of the house, fix meals there are out of my element and spend time on the internet. Boring? Yes, very boring, but amusing all at the same time.
You get to know a bit about people when you are in the net, the WWW if you will. I seldom admit to the fact that I spend time on a chat room, I won’t say which one, but I drop into a chat off and on throughout my cabin fever filled days.
Last night I dropped on to see who was logged in! Some days it is like opening a really boring book, one that you want to put down, but have hopes that it might get better. It was not what I viewed that bothered me, but rather, what I understood in the reading. You can learn a lot about human nature in words on a blank screen, all read from the living room setting on a lap top. Two people were logged on, (nicks are not important) but the nature of their being human was. It was a he said/she said sling of words gathering. People can be merciless, not just spiteful, but deep down I have to make you hurt kind of mean. She had to attack his manhood, his health issues and his past ladies. He on the other hand showed a weaker view point, he attacked her children, I mean really verbally assault her children, their background, their fathers and who she was as a woman. It was a train wreck of words. Here were two people who obviously have met each other off line at one time or another could have been friends even, and for whatever reason, they no longer care each other. And that brings me to the crust of my conversation about people and words.
People can become so dislocated on a winter’s day, just cruel, mean, harsh to each other. It makes me think of the saying, “If you have nothing nice to say to a person, than say anything at all” But that really is impossible in the world today, is it not? People do not mess around when it comes to hiding behind a glass partition called a monitor, to lash out at each other and thrust such hateful things about, without a thought in the world, people slam their fingers down on a keyboard, and become so damn bold! (Even bigger than life.) We use words to show how we are feeling in one brief moment, and then the moment is gone. And we lash out, to see who can become bigger and badder than the other person hiding behind their glass partition. Yes, I know the saying, most of the people we chat to are not real, chances are, and they will never be real friend to us, so why should we treat them as if they matter? With morals and social matters becoming an antiquity, mankind has found a new way to reach out and slam other human being, by means of the internet chat rooms. None of this is news to me, I have read it many times, have studied it even, done profiles on people to examine the nature on our being human. With all that is going on in the world today, a fallen economy, people in a state of despair, the media reporting news that becomes more grim with each newscast, it would be nice to find a place where lowering our standards and being brash with words was not part of the chat experience.
But it is winter, cabin fever and I suppose we as humans are showing the ugly side of who we are with a great deal more ease these days……. The internet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cabin fever - Just think, if we were pioneers, all we'd be doing during those long frozen winter days would have been making babies!

Good comments on human nature.

Odie Forever a Best Freind

Odie Forever a Best Freind
ODIE

A Mother's Pride

A Mother's Pride
My Son, My Hero!

My Words, My Way!

My photo
I am just any person out here in the world, part of this universe, one voice, one person, living!

Heroes!

Heroes!