Followers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just Another RA Day

It is late again and I am wide awake because my RA came into a flare and it has turned into a all night slumber party, just me and the RA, if I fall asleep I know the RA will pull a prank on me, like knot my knees up or maybe even knurl my hands into two fist of pain, so I will wait out the flare and sleep later.

I have come to believe change is the only constant in this life. We who live with chronic pain, from a multitude of reasons, are relentlessly faced with change. We experience it in our relationships as we are hemmed in by our boundaries, limitations and restrictions. Sometimes, it’s just too much for others as their lives are changed due to ours changing.

At other times the people we love are affected by our inability to travel or to perform some other act of daily life that others perform without thought.

When the buoy of life floats you to the top of a RA flare, you find all you can do is float, adjust and wait it out. So that is what I am doing at 310 in the morning, not the best way to spend the evening, but sure beats trying to fight off the pain or sleep it away.

You have little choice but to lie there as the stars and birds buzz around your head, waiting for life to resume some semblance of order. It takes time. It takes patience and it, most of all, requires good medical care. Unfortunately while the adventure is playing out in your life, you still have to perform the basics; you need food, you require shelter and you need care. And me, I just want to sleep and wake up to the good news, that the medical people are going to pay attention to the pain people have to deal with everyday without just tossing a handful of pills at us and say see you in a month.

Just a Moment,I hope to catch up to me, Viesta

No comments:

Odie Forever a Best Freind

Odie Forever a Best Freind
ODIE

A Mother's Pride

A Mother's Pride
My Son, My Hero!

My Words, My Way!

My photo
I am just any person out here in the world, part of this universe, one voice, one person, living!

Heroes!

Heroes!