Followers

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Monster RA

My RA has made life hard, sometimes even debilitating, but has also created a spirit within me that I never knew existed. I know this will sound a bit bizarre, but what I’ve learned because of it, I would never want to lose. If ever the genius who could remove all signs of my RA, I would still ask don’t take away what arthritis has done to my soul”. RA in many ways has shown me I am a kind person, a person that can understand and listen to others who share this journey of RA, it has made me patient and I revel in the days when my pain is low. I wouldn’t want to give away the perception it has thought me. It’s invaluable and essential to who I am and who I hope to be, along with my enduring husband who has been there for me every step of the way.

Don’t get me wrong, I do mourn the healthy person I once was, but I swear to all that is beyond our thinking, even with a disease like RA, we can learn a lot about ourselves and others. I still get irritated and think “why me” every now and then. That is inevitable. When I am down, I get really dark. But now, when I find myself in those moments of despair, I talk myself out of it and take on the monsters of RA. I know it is okay to allow yourself to be unhappy occasionally.

Thanks for letting me sound off ..... Blessings, Ves

No comments:

Odie Forever a Best Freind

Odie Forever a Best Freind
ODIE

A Mother's Pride

A Mother's Pride
My Son, My Hero!

My Words, My Way!

My photo
I am just any person out here in the world, part of this universe, one voice, one person, living!

Heroes!

Heroes!