Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

People are out of control, no one practices limits, the world keeps spinning and mankind grows less intelligent everyday, as technology steps forward, I can't sleep and the random thoughts on life are beyond my control.

Those of us who seek to intervene in policy debates in favor of economic justice and environmentally sustainability are regularly assured by the world's power brokers that they are fully committed to these goals so long as economic growth and the expansion of free trade are not compromised by governmental restraints on the market. So sacred have growth and free trade become in our modern culture that only rarely do we find the courage to ask why they should be given precedence over the needs of people and nature. Indeed, why should we consider accelerating growth and trade to be of any importance at all except to the extent that they serve people and nature?

When the proponents of growth, market deregulation, and free trade tout their benefits, it is well to bear in mind what some of the most outspoken of these proponents really have in mind.

No comments:

Odie Forever a Best Freind

Odie Forever a Best Freind
ODIE

A Mother's Pride

A Mother's Pride
My Son, My Hero!

My Words, My Way!

My photo
I am just any person out here in the world, part of this universe, one voice, one person, living!

Heroes!

Heroes!